This year, I’ve focused on prioritizing health. Work is obviously important to me and those that know me say I’m a bit of a workaholic . However, I’ve countered this by promising myself that I won’t dig into my work until my exercise has been completed.
For the last two years, I haven’t been too pleased with my habits or my appearance, but after spending way too long agonizing – I’ve finally made a change and stuck with it.
Below is my very first Facebook Live video where I dig into the changes I’ve made in my life.
This is my new routine:
- I wake up at 6:00 almost every day.
- I exercise 6 days a week right after I wake up: 3 days of weights and 3 days of running.
- For weights, day 1 is chest and tris, day 2 is back and bis, and day 3 is shoulders and legs.
- For running, I started only running 2 miles or so, but lately, I’m consistently running between 5 and 10 miles, 3 times a week.
- While I work out, I listen to podcasts and audiobooks. Recently, I’ve listened to audiobooks #askgaryvee and The Hard Thing About Hard Things. Some of my favorite podcasts include the HubCast, This Old Marketing, Social Media Examiner, and The HBR Ideacast. In fact, when I did my first Facebook Live, I was running listening to Amy Porterfield’s podcast on Facebook Live – That was my inspiration to go live for the first time.
- After working out, I make a smoothie in my Nutri Ninja consisting of kale, almond milk, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, strawberries, blueberries, and half a banana. I recently also gave up coffee, so this is my replacement.
- I try to eat healthy throughout the rest of the day, but I still have room for improvement here.
My results in 3 months:
- I’ve lost 15 pounds
- I’m feeling much more confident in my appearance
- I have much more energy and positivity
- I feel more productive at work
If you’re looking to make a change in your health but are having trouble getting started, I feel your pain. Just know that once you get started, it’s actually easier than you think.